Service & Support
SEI provides emergency round-the-clock telephone support for our software. Your monthly
site support fee entitles you to unlimited telephone assistance. It also entitles you to
periodic enhancements that SEI makes to the software. Provided that our Site Support
Agreement is in effect, custom programming is billed at a preferential hourly rate. Should
you request on-site programming or assistance, it can be provided at a fixed rate per day
rate including expenses with a three day minimum per trip. In order to provide the highest
level of support, your system will need a Hayes compatible telephone modem. SEI will
provide the modem as part of the support agreement.
Our support agreement includes:
- Unlimited telephone assistance.
- Telephone assistance is limited to operator assistance and troubleshooting and does not
include modifications to existing software or development of new software.
- Enhancements to the licensed application software, providing that the software has
remained uncustomized. Enhancements to customized software will be made available,
however, there will be a charge for modifying the updated software with custom features.
Charges for installing the enhancements will be billed at the preferential contract hourly
- On-site time, programming and modifications will be billed at SEI's preferential
contract rate plus travel and expenses.
Routine site support is rendered during SEI's normal office hours of 8:00AM to 5:00 PM,
Central Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Service is available on a 24-hour
basis, but is limited to emergency situations and does not include the handling of routine
questions that can wait until the next business day.
In addition, we offer non-contract support:
- All services are billed at SEI's non-contract rates, plus travel and expenses from 8:30
AM until 5:00 PM, Central Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Services rendered at other times are billed at SEI's premium non-contract rate, plus
travel and expenses.
- Travel time will be billed at 50% of the prevailing non-contract rate.
- Minimum time billing will be 1/2 hour per trouble call.
Our software license fees are determined by the class of system we are licensing.
System class is determined by two factors: the number of concurrent users and the capacity
of the system. Changes in the computer system or the number of concurrent users could
result in an upgrade to a higher class license fee. Class determinations are made using
the class schedule effective at the time of the upgrade. For upgrade purposes, full credit
for the license purchased will be applied to the purchase of software appropriate for the